Most dermatologic surgery procedures are quick with easy recovery times, many of which are outpatient procedures requiring local anesthesia.
For complex procedures handled by Dermatology Associates of Seattle, our Dermatologic and Mohs Micrographic Surgery Unit offers the best assessment and outpatient care available.
Healthy skin recovery requires expert physicians with time, experience, and precision attention to detail. Our board-certified, fellowship-trained Mohs and dermatological surgeons at Dermatology Associates of Seattle have extensive training and experience. They consistently achieve successful and excellent results while offering competitive rates, and improved cosmetic outcomes levels while leading patient satisfaction and retention.
Our dermatologic surgeons here are board-certified in Mohs surgery with extensive modern training and ongoing experience with successful results. Our expertise and knowledge mean that patients achieve the best possible outcome, with minimal scarring.
Surgical Procedures Include:
- Skin cancers of all types
- Precancerous, benign, and other malignant lesions
- Atypical Moles
- Atypical lesions and abnormalities of the nails
A word about Mohs surgery
Dermatology Associates of Seattle's Mohs micrographic surgery is considered the most effective treatment available for the most common types of skin cancer, including basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma.
While treatment of your skin cancer is your primary concern, reconstruction of the treated area is also essential. In addition to removing skin cancer, fellowship-trained Mohs surgeons have specialized reconstructive surgery training for repairing the wound.
This is an outpatient procedure that requires an only local anesthetic. With an expert surgeon and care team, this surgery is highly effective; it provides excellent cure rates and spares as much of the healthy skin and tissue as possible, ultimately leading to a smaller, less noticeable scar.
The precision of Mohs micrographic surgery benefits patients with:
- The highest published cure rates for many types of skin cancer, making it less likely for cancer to grow back.
- Maximum preservation of healthy skin, which enhances the cosmetic and functional outcome.
Mohs Surgery Process
After numbing the area with a local anesthetic, the Mohs surgeon removes a layer of cancerous tissue. You receive a temporary bandage for the wound and are escorted to our comfortable waiting room.
- Our highly trained Mohs surgeon examines the tissue under a microscope in a lab within the Weill Cornell Medicine Department of Dermatology to determine the exact location of the cancerous cells and if all cancer has been completely removed.
- If necessary, the process will be repeated until no cancer cells remain.
- Your Mohs surgeon will work with you to determine the best reconstruction and closure options—based on the size, depth, and location of the tumor removed.
- You will schedule follow-up appointments with either your Mohs surgeon or general dermatologist.
Why Choose Dermatology Associates of Seattle for Mohs and Other Dermatological Surgery?
1: We focus on our patient's success
2: Exceptional physician expertise
3: Multidisciplinary care
4: Cutting-edge research
Our patients have access to the latest findings and information, as well as the most advanced techniques.
Call Dermatology Associates of Seattle today at (206) 267-2100, and we will schedule you for immediate consultation.
Request an appointment